We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
There are foods that we can consume raw without problems (once we wash them well). This is the case, for example, of most fruits and vegetables (not all). However, other foods should not be eaten raw.
We explain what are the foods that you should never give your child raw, because they can pose a danger to him, due to the risk of contagion of some bacteria or parasite.
Some foods they need to be previously cooked to eat without risks or problems of any kind. Here is a list of foods that you should never give your child raw, because they can carry a risk. Remember that many foods can transmit raw bacteria and parasites harmful to health, such as salmonella or anisakis, and others are simply not well digested by the stomach if they arrive raw:
1. Chicken and pork. Chicken meat is very beneficial for health, but it is recommended to cook it well, since it is one of the meats that carries the most microbes and bacteria. It is not a question of passing it under water (this does not eliminate certain microbes from the meat), but subjecting it to high temperatures. And of course, don't forget to clean the board and the knife you used to cut it well. And the same is true of pork. And although now it has to pass many more sanitary controls, pork can hide parasites called trichinosis and pork tapeworms. Both parasites can be very dangerous to our health.
2. Olives. Let's recognize that olives or olives are delicious, and children tend to like them very much. However, it is not recommended to eat them directly from the tree. You know why? Because they have a very high concentration of oleuropein, a component that gives it a somewhat bitter and not very pleasant taste.
3 eggs. The egg represents a danger of transmission of the salmonella bacteria. The way to eliminate it is by subjecting it to high temperatures. Therefore, the safest way to consume eggs is by cooking them. However, you can take certain precautions to get rid of this bacteria. For example, if you wash the egg very well before using it. Salmonella causes diarrhea, vomiting, fever and terrible stomach pains.
4. Red beans. The bean can produce, if ingested raw, vomiting and terrible stomach pain. It is because they contain lectin, a natural toxin that disappears when we cook them.
5. Potatoes. Raw potatoes have a food toxin that can wreak havoc on the stomach. In addition, they contain a high index of starch, which is terribly indigestible. Over time, you can develop a toxin called solanine. You will know if you notice that the potato has small green spots. In that case, throw it out, because this toxin leads to food poisoning. It is rare that nobody tries to eat a raw potato (it is not at all appetizing), but you should know that it is better that you never try it.
6. Milk. Milk goes through a pasteurization process necessary to eliminate the many bacteria that can nest in it. It is not advisable to drink milk directly from the animal. It can be very dangerous. Among the bacteria it transmits are E.coli and Salmonella.
7. Bitter almonds. If you ever tried to eat an almond directly from the tree and had to spit it out because of its unpleasant bitter taste, you should know that you did well and that you also freed yourself from a greater evil. Bitter almonds have hydrocyanic acid, a poisonous combination of hydrogen cyanide and water. In fact, they can be deadly in large numbers. Cooked, however, they are totally harmless.
8. Mushrooms. Mushrooms have excellent properties and are very good, but cooked. In crude oil, they are not only terribly indigestible, but many of them are toxic in crude oil.
9. Rhubarb. Rhubarb provides a lot of fiber and vitamins, but as long as we consume its stem, never its leaves. The reason is that the leaves have a toxin called oxalic acid. It is very dangerous and directly affects the kidneys.
10. Cassava. The yucca plant has a weapon against insects that prevents insects from eating its leaves: cyanide. The downside is that cyanide sometimes also reaches the root in lower doses. The safest way to consume this delicious plant is by cooking it well.
11. Fish. Raw fish is one of the most valued delicacies in Japanese cuisine. However, it can transmit a parasite called anisakis. To eliminate it, the fish must be frozen prior to use.
You can read more articles similar to 11 foods you should never give your child raw, in the Infant Nutrition On-Site category.