How the baby grows and how the mother's body looks in the fifth month of pregnancy. The baby sleeps and wakes up at regular intervals. The fetus grows very fast. At the end of the fifth month, the fetus measures 25 centimeters and weighs 245 grams. And the mother-to-be is delighted to see that her baby is becoming more active, moving from side to side, and sometimes completely flipping over.
- If it has not happened to you yet, you will begin to feel that your baby is moving inside your abdomen. And you should tell your doctor.
- Your uterus has grown to the level of the navel.
- Your heart beats faster.
- You may need 8 hours of sleep every night.
- During the day, take rest periods if you feel fatigued. Don't make excessive efforts.
During this stage of pregnancy it is important that you consider and take some care:
1- Go visit your doctor to have a prenatal care exam.
2- Your baby's growth and weight gain will tend to be affected if you still smoke, drink or take drugs.
3- It is never too late to stop or decrease the amount as much as you can.
4- Continue eating a healthy and nutritious diet and drink plenty of juices, water, and milk every day.
From the fifth month of pregnancy, the baby is almost fully formed. Until delivery, the baby does nothing but grow, its movements are noticed by the mother and its brain produces an average of one hundred neurons per second. At that stage, he is able to distinguish his mother's voice. Know the characteristics of the baby in the fifth month of pregnancy:
- The fetus measures approximately 25 cm and can weigh between 200 and 400 grams.
- The baby sleeps and wakes up at regular intervals
- The baby begins to kick
- The baby begins to move and suck his fingers
- The baby moves and turns on itself
- The baby's weight is greater than that of the placenta
- The baby's skin begins to be covered with a fat, vernix caseosa, to prevent it from becoming soft when in contact with amniotic fluid.
- Your heartbeat can be heard
- Baby's nails, eyebrows and eyelashes grow.
- The baby begins to hear outside noises and to react to them. Therefore, music is very stimulating for him.
You can read more articles similar to Fifth month of pregnancy, in the category of Stages of pregnancy on site.